Wednesday, November 12, 2008

(D-79) Today...


Today, I am in Atlanta, Georgia. I came here yesterday to attend the tape-cutting ceremony for the new Duluth Branch of Shinhan Bank America.

Today, a famous prayer comes to my mind.

"Lord, please give me the patience to endure the things that I cannot change.
Lord, please give me the courage to change the things that I ought to change.
Lord, above all, please give me the wisdom to know the difference."

How often do we try to change the things that we do not have any control over. It is a waste of time and energy. It is the cause for stress and frustration.

Also, how often do we neglect to change the things that we can and should change. It is laziness and procrastination. It is the act of a coward.

But, many times, we get confused between the above two situations, ending up with incorrect approach towards the circumstances. It takes wisdom, the divine wisdom (James 3:17,18) to discern and know the difference.

Please pray that:

* we will seek and depend on God's divine wisdom (James 3:17,18) over situations;
* we will boldly change the things that we ought to change; and
* we will patiently endure the things that we cannot change.

May the above prayer be our prayer today and everyday! - Jeffrey

No comments: