|Daniel, Transformation Director explaining...|
Their schedules have been pretty tight.
|Ken Vander Weele|
- I gave a presentation about UOB over dinner on Sunday, February 26th.
- On Monday, Feb. 27th, the delegation met a Rwandan author over breakfast. Then, they attended UOB Home Office staff devotion. After the devotion, they visited rice farmers in Rwamagana, for whom we provided input financing. The delegation hosted a dinner for UOB executive officers.
- On Tuesday, Feb. 28th, the delegation met the country director of CARE International Rwanda over breakfast. UOB is working with CARE in providing linkage loans for CARE's VSLA clients. VSLA stands for Village Savings and Loans Association and it is an informal financial services program for the poor in the upcountry. The delegation then visited UOB trust groups and met clients. In the evening, the delegation met Deputy Chief of Mission at the US Embassy and Mission Director of USAID Rwanda over dinner.
- On Wednesday, Feb. 29th, the delegation visited the Genocide Memorial Museum in Gisozi in the morning and headed north to Musanze to visit UOB trust groups in the afternoon.
- On Thursday, March 1st, the delegation trekked Rwanda's mountain gorillas.
- On Friday, March 2nd, the delegation will come back to Kigali, tour the Kigali City and buy Rwandan traditional souvenirs from UOB clients.
- On Saturday, March 3rd, the delegation will leave Rwanda to go back to the U.S.
It was greatly encouraging to hear the delegation witness and testify God's marvelous work being done through UOB for Rwandans in their holistic transformation. We all praise the Lord for His goodness and faithfulness. God is good all the time! Glory be to our God! - Jeffrey