Thursday, November 26, 2009
First Thanksgiving Day in Rwanda...
Traditionally, our family got together on the Thanksgiving Day and shared with each other the blessings that we received from the Lord throughout the year.
[We did not have this feast (<-), but we had a good meal.]
This year, we all are scattered. Kris and I are in Rwanda. Amanda is in Arkansas. Joyce is in Pennsylvania. Today, we had a dinner together with Sillas who is our Kinyarwanda teacher.
This year's Thanksgiving Day, as usual, we have so many reasons to be thankful for to the Lord, but we are sharing the partial list of them as follows:
1. We are thankful for the opportunity for Kris and me to live, work and minister in Rwanda.
2. We are thankful for the marriage of our daughter Amanda to James.
3. We are thankful for their graduation from intelligence school and pilot school, respectively.
4. We are thankful for the graduation of our daughter Joyce from college.
5. We are thankful for the Joyce's employment despite the tough job market.
6. We are thankful for all friends and supporters with prayer, time and talents to stand with us.
7. We are thankful for the wonderful people at UOB with whom Jeffrey works to serve the poor.
8. We are thankful for the underprivileged people of Rwanda whom we get to serve.
9. We are thankful for the health that we have enjoyed, including a few occassions of sickness.
10. We are thankful for the bible study group that we have been leading.
11. We are thankful for the local church where we worship and fellowship.
12. We are thankful for some conflicts that Jeffrey faced initially, which humbled him deeply.
13. We are thankful for the transformational progress within UOB and with the clients.
14. We are thankful for the opportunities to meet new people who are like-minded in the Lord.
15. We are thankful for the laughs, giggles and agonies that we shared together in our lives.
16. We are thankful for the traveling opportunities to various African countries.
17. We are thankful for the spiritual growth that the Lord allowed us to experience.
18. We are thankful for the opportunity to study and learn the Rwandan language and culture.
19. We are thankful for our parents who have lived with decent health.
20. We are thankful for the privilege of documenting and sharing our lives through this blog.
21. We are thankful for the blessing of memorizing the scriptural passages.
22. We are thankful for the growing list of prayer requests for others as well as ourselves.
23. We are thankful for His amazing grace that we experience more deeply everyday.
24. We are thankful for the hope to which we have been called to witness to others.
25. We are thankful for the Habaneros who are our committed prayer partners.
26. We are thankful for the opportunities to share the Word at UOB and other churches.
27. We are thankful for Elder and Mrs. Ham who are sharing our family administrative burden.
28. We are thankful for Chuck and Eunice Lee who are our remote medical and dental doctors.
29. We are thankful for Hwayoung, Sammy, Mike, Hyunjoo who have been reliable supporters.
30. We are thankful for all other reasons that we are unable or fail to remember and list.
(The order is random and not of importance or significance.)
Oh, Lord, there are so many blessings that we have received from You throughout this year. We are deeply and greatly thankful to You for all of them. May Your name be praised and honored eternally! Amen. - Jeffrey and Kristin